In December, 2013, Dr. Steele, Dr. Willis, and Linda team up again to embark on another World Vets spay/neuter project. This time, we're headed off to San Andres Island, Colombia to help with critter overpopulation and disease control on the island. Follow along on our adventures!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The "Latest from San Andres"

Leslie took many wonderful photos during our dives yesterday.  Linda posted some pretty ones already.  Here are a couple more pretty ones: Me and Sandy!!

 
Today was another great day.  Linda does a great job telling about our adventures.  Hmmm, I will need to add about the food!!
Woofie has decided that he needs to be the one to Blog!  He feels readers need to see San Andres from his point of view.  And since Karoo is not here to give his insights and opinions, Woofie is stepping in.  So here is the first installment of "Woofie's Latest from San Andres"
This was lunch after diving: an incredible shrimp cocktail at Manuel and his wife's restaurant, The Grog, a specialty.  This Woofie loves all food and this tasty treat was extra special because it was topped with corn nuts!  How funny is that?  The sauce was tomatoes, chopped vegies, some spicy stuff...but I ate every piece of shrimp I could get my fuzzy little mouth on!  The crackers were good dipped in the sauce, so Momma says, but I can not hold a cracker to dip, so I just sip the sauce! 

Whoa!  I am really getting into the drinks!  This one is actually Mom's, so no alcohol here.  But, my oh my, what a wonderful drink!  It is coconut (milk and water??) mixed with lime juice and blended with ice.  Wowee kazowee, so amazing and refreshing!  I hope Mom will make some of these at home!  I think I need another one....

Mmmm, excuse me while I crunch, crunch my way through some plantain chips...

WooHoo!!  More shrimp!  This was a scrumptious mix of shrimp and rice and other stuff.  This little Woofie is getting a belly full of shrimp on this trip!
Here is me and Mom with her non-alcoholic drink (what is the point of that?).  Tee Hee, Linda already posted the picture of me drinking the "high octane" one, of course I was in cognito, wearing shades so Mom won't know about it!!  Don't tell her!
 
 
Now, who has been having a cold one??  That is Dee dancing with the Rastafarian (and doing the bootie bump with a random stranger).  She says she was doing her "cardio"! 
You go Dee!
 
Ended the day with a wonderful meal at our hotel.  BBQ pork chop, coconut rice (yummy in the Woofie tummy!), green salad and homemade potato chips!  (crunch, crunch, crunch).  It was followed by some lemon pie, but I ate it all before Mom could get a picture of it!  This Woofie is going to bed with a happy, full tummy tonight!!
Hasta!


3 comments:

  1. Woofie...your momma took loco picture of some old gray lady having coniption...Johnny cay do that to people after cold northern winter...dh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i love this, that food looks awesome, dancing looks even better!

      Delete
  2. Bro man Raaandy say good times, mon!

    ReplyDelete