In December, 2013, Dr. Steele, Dr. Willis, and Linda team up again to embark on another World Vets spay/neuter project. This time, we're headed off to San Andres Island, Colombia to help with critter overpopulation and disease control on the island. Follow along on our adventures!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

As I was Blogging...

This guy showed up. Nicole told us earlier about these beetles. She had met one on a previous trip to the Caribbean, and it bit her quite nastily on a, well, a girly part of the anatomy. So we decided to take a picture to show how big, but how not-scary he was since we were super brave, and he was just a beetle. One of the hotel workers brought us a broom to pick him up with:

While we were getting ready that photo, he flapped his wings, and Dee and I both screamed, and she took a picture of the floor instead:
 Then we got the first picture taken, and suddenly he leaped off the broom, buzzed threateningly, zoomed over and thumped a landing on my same girly part of anatomy. After a flailing beetle dance, during which I very nearly lost my shirt, and got hit in the chest a couple of times with a broom, he was finally gone, and I turned around in time to see a camera not-quite-flash:
Then the nice hotel worker brought me a glass of water, and she told me the beetle's name is Cucaron. Little bastard.

4 comments:

  1. If this were my blog, I'd say I was kind of thirsty too after all that screaming and photography..LAST over share of the night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda you are one of the funniest riders I know and I know more than a few

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very eloquent story, had me laughing out loud, alone at home! Frank the Lab looks at me like, whaaa?

    ReplyDelete